Tips to Receive a Fair Settlement After an Atlanta Car Accident
Were you injured in an Atlanta car accident? If another driver was entirely or mostly responsible for the accident, you might wonder what options you must ensure they are held liable. You may also wonder what type of claim you can receive. Also, if you do receive a settlement offer, how do you know if it is fair?
Unfortunately, there is no sure way to know the answers to these questions without understanding the entire situation. While some insurance adjusters will use a specific formula to determine a settlement offer, the formulas are designed to benefit the insurance company, not accident victims.
A smart first step is to contact Atlanta car accident lawyers for help with your case. You can also find some tips here that will help you know if you have received a fair settlement offer.
Securing a Fair Settlement Offer After an Atlanta Car Accident
If you want to feel confident that you have received a fair settlement offer after an Atlanta car accident, working with experienced Atlanta car accident lawyers is recommended. An experienced and knowledgeable attorney will work to protect your rights, investigate the accident, negotiate with the insurance company, and go to trial if needed.
Hiring Atlanta car accident lawyers give you more specific benefits, too, including:
- Answering your legal questions and explaining what options you have
- Conducting a full investigation of the accident and determining who was at-fault
- Collecting accident-related evidence
- Communication with third parties like other drivers, insurance representatives, and medical providers so you can concentrate on your recovery
- Building a strong foundation for your accident claim and work to help you recover the compensation you deserve
- Going to court and providing representation to help you get a fair settlement
What to Expect from Your Atlanta Car Accident Claim?
Your Atlanta car accident claim can help you recover compensation for several losses. Based on the circumstances of your situation, some of the types of compensation you can receive include:
- Past and future medical costs related to the car accident
- Intangible costs of the accident include loss of quality of life, pain, and suffering
- Incidental costs like travel costs for treatment
- Projected losses of your earning potential if you are disabled
- Lost wages from being unable to go back to work because of your accident and injuries
The total compensation you receive depends on how extensive your losses are. Some of the factors that may impact your claim’s value include the following:
- How severe are your injuries, and what is the damage to your vehicle
- How long your injuries take to heal, and if you will require additional care in the future
- How much time will you miss at work due to your accident
- How will your injuries impact your ability to live on your own or work
- Who is determined to be at fault for the accident, and if you share any liability for it
- How much coverage is available through the related insurance policies
Call an Attorney for Help with Your Atlanta Car Accident Claim
If you are involved in a car accident, contact Atlanta car accident lawyers for help with your personal injury lawsuit. They can help you recover the compensation you deserve.